If you are actively discerning a vocation to the Priesthood, Diaconate, Consecrated Life, or Marriage and you are looking for information to help in your discernment, BE SURE TO CHECK the section at the bottom of the right sidebar for the "labels" on all posts. By clicking on one of these labels it will take you to a page with all posts containing that subject. You will also find many links for suggested reading near the bottom of the right sidebar. Best wishes and be assured of my daily prayers for your discernment.

Friday, April 11, 2008

"Support a Franciscan Vocation"



Back in August I posted "A Vocations Video of Sorts" , which was about a short film created by Eric Forrest about a young man in China being called to the priesthood, and his eventual martyrdom. Unfortunately the video had to be removed from YouTube as it was technically owned by the USC film school where Eric created it.

Fast forward. Eric has discerned that he is called to religious life, specifically with the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal, God willing. Yesterday he put up a website, "Support a Franciscan Vocation", to help pay down his student loan debt so that he can enter postulancy in the fall if accepted. Please check out his website and his blog for more information about him, his vocation story and how you can help support his vocation if you feel so moved - if not financially, at least with your prayers.

Update: Having noticed the clarification on Eric's website, I thought I should make it here as well. Eric has not yet been accepted to the CFR's, but he has applied. The paragraph above has been rewritten to make that a little more clear.

1 comment:

Adoro said...

I LOVED that video...it had a huge impact on me, and I told a lot of people about it. But only days after I'd seen it, it was no longer available. Now I know why.

Wish I could help Eric financially, but I can certainly pray!