If you are actively discerning a vocation to the Priesthood, Diaconate, Consecrated Life, or Marriage and you are looking for information to help in your discernment, BE SURE TO CHECK the section at the bottom of the right sidebar for the "labels" on all posts. By clicking on one of these labels it will take you to a page with all posts containing that subject. You will also find many links for suggested reading near the bottom of the right sidebar. Best wishes and be assured of my daily prayers for your discernment.

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Man in Black


Being a pretty big Johnny Cash fan, I was drawn to this article about him posted today on Catholic Exchange. This part in particular struck me as it is so fitting for the Catholic Church's Men in Black, the lyrics from "Man in Black"...
-
"I wear the black for the poor and the beaten down.
Living in the hopeless, hungry side of town...
I wear it for the prisoner who has long paid for his crime,
but is there because he's the victim of the times....
Well we're doing mighty fine, I do suppose
in our streak of lighting cars and fancy clothes,
but just so we're reminded of the ones who are held back,
up front there ought to be a man in black.
I wear it for the sick and lonely old.
For the reckless ones whose bad trip left them cold.
I wear the black in mourning for the lives that could've been
each week we lose a hundred fine young men.
And I wear it for the thousands who have died
believing that the Lord was on their side.
I wear it for another hundred thousand who have died,
believing that we all were on their side...."

No comments: