If you are actively discerning a vocation to the Priesthood, Diaconate, Consecrated Life, or Marriage and you are looking for information to help in your discernment, BE SURE TO CHECK the section at the bottom of the right sidebar for the "labels" on all posts. By clicking on one of these labels it will take you to a page with all posts containing that subject. You will also find many links for suggested reading near the bottom of the right sidebar. Best wishes and be assured of my daily prayers for your discernment.

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Welcome To Those Visiting Via Fr. Luke's Vocations eLetter

To everyone visiting for the first time from Fr. Luke Mary Fletcher's vocations eletter - WELCOME! I noticed a surge in hits to the blog, and wondered what happened, then I saw Fr. Luke linked to this blog. I suspect there will be an increase in hits over the coming days, since that eletter goes out to over 2500 people.

As evidenced by the many posts and links on this blog about the friars, I am to say the least a supporter of their community. I have had the blessing of getting to know many of the friars personally through YOUTH 2000 retreats, the JOHN 6:35 Retreat in the Diocese of Raleigh, and especially at the friary in Honduras.

Having a sincere devotion to St. Francis (that would be the real St. Francis, not the 1970's hippy remake), I have found in the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal a community of men striving daily to live out the Gospel, follow their seraphic father faithfully, and live a life of holiness. In these humble men of God I have found some of the most ordinary guys living out extraordinary vocations. And I have yet to meet a friar with whom I did not feel immediately comfortable, as if we had been friends for years - or more maybe, that they have expressed to me the fraternal love that is often spoken of, but rarely experienced.

May God continue to bless the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal with holy vocations!

Again, welcome! I pray this blog may be of some small help to everyone visiting that is in discernment of God's call to a religious vocation.

No comments: